This is such a simple recipe, I had to share it with you. There is nothing in the world like home made tiramisu, especially when it's made with Bay Beans coffee!
Preparation Time 5 - 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 400mls freshly brewed strong coffee, cooled ( I use 3-4 coffee shots, with water to make up 400ml)
- 2 tbs Tia Maria or Kahlua (optional)
- 1 250g pkt savoiardi biscuits (sold at Woolwooths as sponge biscuits)
- 80g good-quality dark chocolate, grated
- Beat the mascarpone and caster sugar in a medium mixing bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine the coffee and Tia Maria or Kahlua (if using) in a large bowl. Dip 1/2 the savoiardi biscuits quickly into the coffee mixture and then arrange over the base of a 1.25-1itre (5-cup) serving dish or six 250mls (1-cup) individual serving glasses. Spread half the mascarpone mixture evenly over the biscuits. Dip the remaining biscuits into the coffee mixture and then arrange in a single layer over the mascarpone layer. Finish with a layer of the remaining mascarpone mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with the grated chocolate just before serving.